Classes and Programs
SPAAR is committed to bringing its members relevant and exciting education.
Take advantage of the variety of opportunities for knowledge and skill growth. Many including continuing education credits for real estate licenses.
I am a new member. What do I need to do?
ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP: New members are required to complete a two-day New Member Orientation within 90 days of joining SPAAR. Call (651) 776-6000 to schedule your orientation.
MN DOC – LICENSING: The Minnesota Department of Commerce (DOC) requires newly licensed agents to complete 30 credits of continuing education (CE) by the second June 30 after receiving their license for their first renewal. Review your CE Transcript (pulseportal.com) for requirements and due dates.
Do I have any Association Membership requirements?
All REALTOR® members are required to complete an Association-approved Code of Ethics course (minimum of 2.5 hours) each three-year cycle.
What are the Education requirements for my MN Real Estate license?
The MN Department of Commerce (DOC) requires real estate salespersons to complete 30 hours of real estate continuing education (CE) before their June 30 license renewal deadline, and at least 15 of those hours must be completed before the previous June 30. Continuing education must be taken in the appropriate license period; extra hours or courses do not carry over into the next period or satisfy future renewal requirements. You may not repeat a continuing education course for credit during the same licensing period.
REQUIRED COURSES: As part of required hours, there are minimum required courses to complete.
- A specific general module continuing education course must be completed as part of the 15 hours each license year.
- 20/21 General Module: Minnesota Disclosure Laws must be completed by June 30, 2021.
- 21/22 General Module: The History of Diversity in Homeownership must be completed by June 30, 2022.
- At least one hour of “Agency Laws” must be completed as part of the 30 hours required for license renewal.
- At least one hour of “Fair Housing” must be completed as part of the 30 hours required for license renewal.
Online Education Providers
When SPAAR’s live instructor-led education doesn’t fit your schedule, online continuing education offers convenience and flexibility.