Introducing SPAAR Community Campus
Through class feedback and the annual survey, we listened to members like you and the desire for SPAAR to offer ways to take classes or attend meetings and events online. We have been working to develop the perfect place for all of that!
With our mission in mind “Better Agents, Better Communities,” we proudly launched SPAAR COMMUNITY CAMPUS, with classes in November 2020!
SPAAR is committed to providing relevant educational programs and tools that enhance members’ ability to conduct their businesses in an ethical and professional manner. SPAAR Community Campus is your destination for professional development from anywhere you have Wi-Fi access! We’re bringing SPAAR to you - where you are.
SPAAR Community Campus opportunities will include:
- Professional development courses
- Hands-on technical classes
- Educational seminars
- Events designed to grow your business
- And more!
How do you get connected?
With the launch of SPAAR Community Campus, you’ll continue to sign up for classes and webinars the same way you always have on spaar.com and through your SPAAR member portal.
You will receive a confirmation and/or reminder email with instructions for attending your classes on your new virtual campus.
We look forward to seeing you on SPAAR Community Campus so that you can stay connected with the people and information that will help you serve your clients.
Accessing Your SPAAR Live Online Class
What you will need:
- A computer or tablet with a stable internet connection and a camera
- Your spaar.com member portal login information
- Your Zoom account login information
At least 15-30 minutes before your class, get your computer with webcam and audio set up.
For your first SPAAR Community Campus class, we recommend giving yourself more than 30 minutes.
- Go to www.spaar.com
- Log into your SPAAR Membership Portal (blue login button in the top right corner)
- Click on the SPAAR CC tab above your name (located on the dark blue bar with a white star next to it)
- Find the class and click Start Course
How do I join the Class?
- Follow the steps above to find and start your course.
- Navigate through each page, selecting Next Module (blue button) at the bottom of each page after downloading or answering questions to continue.
- Once you reach the Join Live Classroom module page, be sure to click the Join button.
- Allow the Zoom meeting to Launch—you will be required to have a Zoom account. (per the Department of Commerce we must be able to confirm your identity in order to provide CE credit, this is NOT optional).
- If prompted to sign in, please sign into your Zoom account to verify your identity.
- If prompted to connect to audio, please allow audio so you can hear the instructor.
- Remember to start your video so we can see you!
REMINDER: Continuing education courses must be attended in their entirety in order to receive credit for the number of approved hours. (MN Statute 45.30 Subd 4a). Students are required to sign-in prior to class start to receive continuing education credits. This means you must be in the ZOOM classroom before class starts!
Time for a few more CE Credits
Tune into SPAAR’s course offerings for CE Credits to stay compliant or simply to take advantage of topics offered.