Are You Compliant?
We are quickly approaching the end of the 2019-2021 Code of Ethics period. Don’t wait till the end! Get compliant today!
Current Compliance Period
As part of your membership with the National Association of REALTORS®, you are required to take a Code of Ethics course every three years.
The current three-year period is January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2021.
How to Tell if You are Compliant
If you are a primary member with SPAAR, here’s how to check to see whether you have taken a Code of Ethics class during the current period:
1. Open the member portal here.
2. Login using your user name and password. (Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-776-6000 if you need your login info.)
3. Look in the blue Member Profile box on the upper left side of the page. There you will see the last completion date we have on record for you and whether your COE is complete for this period or not. These are the areas highlighted with yellow arrows in the picture above.
What Code of Ethics Class to Take
SPAAR accepts the following providers’ Code of Ethics classes:
NAR |New Member Code of Ethics, Code of Ethics
TheCEShop.com | The Code of Ethics in Action: Real-Life Applications | Code of Ethics: Good For Your Clients and Your Business | Ethical Excellence: Raising the Bar
McKissock | NAR: May the Code Be With You | Ethics in the Age of Disruption
ContinuingEdExpress.com | REALTOR Code of Ethics: Duties to Clients and Customer | REALTOR® Code of Ethics Case Studies
Training Cove | Clarifying the Code of Ethics (MN)
MN Realty School | Code of Ethics
Wisconsin Licensees Only:
WRA | Course 4: Wisconsin Real Estate Ethics and Consumer Protection (includes the NAR Code of Ethics)
How to Provide Proof of Completion
You must provide proof to your primary local association Association that you have completed the course between the dates of January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2021. You can do this by:
1. Sending a copy of your Minnesota CE transcript showing you have taken a Code of Ethics class. Retrieve it from Pulse Portal and email to COE@spaar.com. (Note: if you take the class from the National Association of REALTORS, it will not show up in Pulse Portal.)
2. Sending a copy of a course completion certificate given to you by course providers to COE@spaar.com.
3. Note: If you take the class from SPAAR either as an existing member or new member, we will mark you as complete.
Approved by NAR Board of Directors on November 13, 2020
The NAR Professional Standards Committee met on October 5, 2020, to consider recommendations from its Interpretations and Procedures Advisory Board on the Code of Ethics’ applicability to discriminatory speech and conduct.
The Committee approved the Advisory Board’s recommendations, and six of them were presented to and approved by the NAR Board of Directors at their November 13, 2020 meeting. Two of the changes will be effective immediately. Training schedules and materials will be available in the coming weeks.