Now Through May 20, 2022
Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc., a national nonprofit, distributes We Care Packages to members of the military serving active duty. We Care Packages are a reminder that their sacrifice and service are remembered. These “care packages from home” include personal care items, stationery and food or snacks. SPAAR’s Community Engagement Committee has partnered with a local Blue Star Mothers chapter to assemble and ship We Care Packages to servicemembers from the Twin Cities Area.
YOU CAN HELP:
Donate items to the collection drive. Donation bins are available at SPAAR’s offices in Coon Rapids and Saint Paul.
Too busy to shop? Consider donating funds to help with postage.
Donations of cash or checks can be delivered or mailed to SPAAR. (Please indicate “Blue Star Mothers” on the memo line or in an accompanying note.)
Donations can be made by credit card. Please call Joe McKinley at 651-772-6344 for assistance.
Questions? Call 651-772-6344 or email email@example.com
Tell your networks—other REALTORS®, real estate professionals. This is an opportunity to connect with clients and contacts. Do so by sharing this blog!
Coordinate a collection drive in your office! Turn an empty box into a collection station, using these flyers.
(all food containers must be self-opening or have metal tabs for opening)
- Toiletries (deodorant, baby powder, unscented wipes)
- Granola and snack bars
- Single-serving coffee and tea packets
- Spices and sauces to help add flavor to K-rations
- Powdered drink mix tubes (like Crystal Light)
- Cotton swabs / Q-tips
- Jerky single-servings
- Halloween/fun size candy (used for filling holes in packaging)
- Note cards, colored pencils, small games, adult coloring books
- Oatmeal single-serving packets
- Gift cards (Walmart, Target, Cub Foods) help to fill in supplies
- Cash donations to defray shipping costs are welcome!
“I wanted to reach out and say thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the care packages that you recently sent the soldiers. There is nothing more uplifting than receiving a package of love from back home! Thank you for all that you do to support the troops. From this side we appreciate it greatly. God bless you and your team.”