Ramsey County and AECOM are working to redevelop a part of downtown Saint Paul, along the river’s edge.
From Ramsey County: “After deconstructing the former Adult Detention Center and Ramsey County Government Center West buildings to prepare the site for new development, Ramsey County entered into a preliminary development agreement with AECOM.
The proposed $788 million development with four new towers will transform how downtown residents, workers and visitors connect with the Mississippi River. Proposed private development could yield more than $15 million in new property tax revenue per year.
Ramsey County and AECOM are in the process of creating technical engineering and design documents, seeking regulatory clearances, initiating public engagement activities, and starting negotiation of a development agreement. Construction on the site is anticipated to begin in 2020 or 2021.”
- 9+ new acres of public space for a world-class urban park.
- $800 million+ private development.
- 5,000+ construction, hospitality and service industry jobs created.
- $15 million+ in new annual property tax revenue.
- $5 million dedicated to new affordable housing fund.
- Four towers with approximately
- 50 condo units.
- 350 apartment units.
- 160 hotel rooms.
- 30,000 square feet of retail.
- 950,000 square feet of Class A office space.
- 1,600 parking spaces