Year round, Bridging, a Minnesota 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, provides furniture and household goods to 100 households a week, empowering people as they transition from unique paths to housing stability.
With dignity and a personalized shopping experience at Bridging, individuals and families secure beds and linens for a good night’s sleep, lamps to shed light, dishes and cookware for meal preparation, and upholstered furniture for comfort and relaxation. A furnished home offers the stability and confidence that can help someone create a fresh start.
“To have a home, it’s the first part of the puzzle. I stayed in my apartment for two months without a bed. Now I can lay on my bed. I have a place to sit. I can share gratitude to people who have helped me by sharing a meal with them at my home. It’s bright, cheery, and happy versus having an empty apartment. I feel deserving. I deserve a good life. A furnished home is a huge part of the puzzle.” — Melissa M., Bridging client
Bridging needs your help to Furnish Homes with Hope! When the chill of the winter months hits Minnesota, the donated inventory slows down. Unfortunately, the need for services does not. Now, more than ever, they need donated home essentials to serve 250 individuals each week. Those critical items will help people thrive in their new homes.
Take action today: donate your stuff, volunteer, and get involved! Learn more and get started by visiting BRIDGING.ORG or call 952.888.1105.
DONATE YOUR STUFF to Bridging
OPTION 1: DROP-OFF YOUR DONATIONS at one of two locations in the Twin Cities
- Free and no appointment necessary. Stop by any time Bridging is open.
- Staff and volunteers available to help unload donations.
- MAIN PHONE: 952.888.1105
- WEBSITE: bridging.org
BLOOMINGTON: 201 West 87th Street Bloomington, Minnesota 55420
ROSEVILLE: 1730 Terrace Drive
Roseville, Minnesota 55113
DONATION HOURS (Closed on major holidays)
Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday – Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
OPTION 2: SCHEDULE A FEE-BASED HOME PICKUP
- Need help getting your items to Bridging? Hire a Bridging truck to pick up your donations!
- Available for most of the 7-county Twin Cities metro area.
- Donation pick up from OUTSIDE a residence (curbside or garage). Fee $125
- Book online any time at your convenience (24/7): org/give-stuff/schedule-a-pick-up
- Questions about the fee-based pick up program? Call 952.888.1105.
WHY DOES BRIDGING CHARGE FOR A PICK UP?
- Bridging is a non-profit organization that provides donated items to clients in need.
- The fees from this program allows us to cover expenses related to our pickup program (i.e. gas, staffing, insurance, and maintenance).
- We ask that our community of donors help cover this expense by paying the fee for pickup service.
- If we didn’t ask our community to help, we would not have adequate funding available to run the trucks. Thus, the program would not be available.
Time for a few more CE Credits
Tune into SPAAR’s course offerings for CE Credits to stay compliant or simply to take advantage of topics offered.