How do I know if I am compliant?
If you are a primary member with SPAAR, here’s how to check to see whether you have taken a Code of Ethics class during the current period:
- Login to www.spaar.com membership portal using your user name and password. (Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-776-6000 if you need your login info.)
- Look in the blue Member Profile box on the upper left side of the page. There you will see the last completion date we have on record for you and whether your COE is complete for this period or not.
I took a Code of Ethics class and the date on my membership portal is not updated!
If you have taken an approved Code of Ethics course, please send a copy of the course completion certificate or a copy of your CE transcript (if you received CE credit for the class) showing the completion date to email@example.com so that we can update our records. Remember: This is not a continuing education requirement for your MN license. It is a NAR membership requirement.
What happens if I don’t take it on time or my record is not updated?
If SPAAR does not receive proof of completing Code of Ethics by December 31, 2021, your membership will be suspended per the SPAAR bylaws and NAR membership requirements.
Where can I find a list of approved courses to take?
A list of verified online courses can be found on SPAAR’s website: https://spaar.com/professional-development/code-of-ethics-compliance/ or you can call 651-776-6000 to ask before taking the class.
- All SPAAR provided Code of Ethics classes (in person or online) meet the requirement.
- Code of Ethics (FREE or for a fee with CE)
- The Code of Ethics in Action: Real-Life Applications
- Code of Ethics: Good For Your Clients and Your Business
- Ethical Excellence: Raising the Bar
- NAR: May the Code Be With You
- Ethics in the Age of Disruption
- REALTOR® Code of Ethics: Duties to Clients and Customer
- REALTOR® Code of Ethics Case Studies
- Training Cove
- Clarifying the Code of Ethics (MN)
- MN Realty School
Wisconsin Licensees Only:
- WRA | Course 4: Wisconsin Real Estate Ethics and Consumer Protection (includes the NAR Code of Ethics)
Upcoming training opportunities include: