“We Care” Annual Collection Drive for Blue Star Mothers!
January 23, 2019
WE NEED YOU!
Let’s give military personnel a little bit of love from home!
SPAAR once again is partnering with Blue Star Mothers of America to create We Care Boxes, which will be sent to members of the Armed Forces! On January 22, 2019, SPAAR Members Paula Delesha and Diana Allen along with Community Engagement Director Joe McKinley, volunteered at Lyngblomsten Care Center to decorate the collection drive boxes.
If you missed out on this volunteering opportunity, there will be another box decoration event on Tuesday, January 29 from 9:30 am to 11:00 am. To sign up or for more details, please contact Joe McKinley at SPAAR: 651-772-6344 or email@example.com. If you are unable to volunteer, we are still in need of donation!
– Toiletries (especially deodorant, baby powder, unscented wipes)
– Granola bars
– Drink mix single serving packets
– Oatmeal single serving packets
– Single serving coffee and tea packets
– Jerky single servings
– Assorted Halloween/fun size candy (used for filling holes in packing)
– Note cards, colored pencils, adult color books, small games.
Gift cards to Walmart, Target and Cub Foods help to fill in supplies. Checks for postage can be made out to Blue Star Mothers and put “We Care box postage” in the memo line.
For any questions or if you would like to sponsor a donation drive, please contact Joe McKinley at SPAAR: 651-772-6344 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share to social media!