Code of Ethics Requirement
As part of your membership with the National Association of REALTORS®, All REALTORS are required to take the a Code of Ethics course every two years.
The current two-year period is January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2018.
How to tell if you are compliant
If you are a primary member with SPAAR, here’s how to check to see whether you have taken a Code of Ethics class during the current period:
1. Open the member portal here.
2. Log in using your user name and password. (Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-776-6000 if you need your login info.)
3. Look in the blue Member Profile box on the upper left side of the page. There you will see the last completion date we have on record for you and whether your COE is complete for this period or not. These are the areas highlighted with yellow arrows in the picture above.
How to provide proof of completion
You must provide proof to your primary local association Association that you have completed the course between the dates of January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2018. You can do this by:
1. Sending a copy of your Minnesota CE transcript showing you have taken a Code of Ethics class. Retrieve it from Pulse Portal and email to COE@spaar.com. (Note: if you take the class from the National Association of REALTORS, it will not show up in Pulse Portal.)
2. Sending a copy of a course completion certificate given to you by course providers to COE@spaar.com.
3. Note: If you take the class from SPAAR either as an existing member or new member, we will mark you as complete.
Where to sign up for an upcoming Code of Ethics class
There are a variety of ways to take an approved Code of Ethics class and satisfy the requirement. Upcoming training opportunities include: SPAAR Offerings | CE Shop Offerings | NAR Offerings | Continuing Ed Express
Still have questions?
Contact us at COE@spaar.com for more information.